Written No Damage Guarantee
WRITTEN NO DAMAGE GUARANTEE CONDITIONS
This guarantee is given by Ready Movers ABN 68 118 801 577, hereinafter referred to as “we” “us”.
We provide a moving system whereby we MOVE directly door to door, AND/OR a PACKING SERVICE whereby we pack as directed, providing: labour, moving expertise, handyman skills, equipment and materials – on an hourly rate / pay for what you use basis, as required and/or directed by the customer, hereinafter referred to as “you”. You have the freedom to control time, by preparing and/or assisting with any part of the move, as you desire.
Our conditions of trade are that we guarantee, we will (at our cost) repair any damage CAUSED BY US to your goods and/or property subject to the following conditions;
- MUST ALWAYS BE PRESENT AT THE JOB: It is agreed that to save time, no inventory of the goods will be made and we will verbally agree on any pre-existing condition of the goods, THEREFORE we can make these agreements and/or exemptions from this guarantee, either yourself or your appointed adult representative, must be present at all times during loading and unloading, in all situations. It is agreed that where you and your representative leave, for and amount of time, then the conditions of the guarantee will become void.
- MUST REPORT ANY DAMAGE BEFORE COMPLETION: as the existing condition of the goods are subject to verbal agreement, you MUST inspect all the goods as they are unloaded and/or relocated AND any Damage considered to have been caused by us MUST be listed on the front of the document. No claims will be accepted for any damage discovered after we have left the move EXCEPT where have pre-packed your small items into boxes. Where this is the case, any damage any items contained in the boxes packed by us, must be reported to us within 28 hours of the completion of our services. Furthermore, where such damage is discovered, the broken goods are to be left as found and no further unpacking of the relevant container is to occur and we are to be immediately contacted on 1300 787 934 – 24 hours.
- MUST SIGN AFTER COMPLETION OF SERVICE: On completion of our cervices his document MUST be signed (in the appropriate place) on the reverse. Failure to sign this document ON THE FRONT SIDE voids this guarantee.
- Where we pack small items into containers: The standard of pre-packing can be varied to suit the distance being moved and/or the style of cartage, UNLESS you specifically (by notation on this document) instruct us otherwise, we will pack you items to a standard that suits SHORT DISTANCE MOVING by PROFESSIONAL MOVERS. This guarantee shall only apply WHERE Ready Movers MOVES THE ITEMS we have packed, as we have no control over the standards of the other cartage services.
- Our damage only: As you have the right to participate in the move, we are not liable for any damage not caused by us.
- Repair damage: This Guarantee limits our responsibility to repairing the damaged goods; to as near the condition prior to the damage occurring as possible and that these repairs will be arranged by us. No responsibility is accepted for any other losses whatsoever including any consequential loss or loss of value as a result of repairs.
- Option to compensate: in lieu of repairing goods we have the option to compensate you, by paying to you the value of the damaged goods prior to the damage occurring. If that value cannot be agreed on between us it shall be assessed by an Independent valuer chosen between us and, if we cannot agree, chosen by the president for the time being of the Queensland Law Society (Or any replacement body for the Society). The costs of the valuer shall be paid by the party whose value differs most from the valuer’s.
- Sets: Where an item is part of a pair, set, suite or collections of items, repair or compensation will only be extended to the proportionate part of the pair, set, suite or collection of items, regardless of any special value the damaged or lost part may have as part of such pair, set, suite or collection or items.
- Vehicle damaged: Where the damage relates to or arises from the transport vehicle being damaged by fire, flood, collision or overturning and we are compensated by our insurer for the damage to you goods, you will be compensated, by only within the ambit of the amount or our insurance payment.
- Parking Tickets: Any Parking infringement incurred as a result of the trucks location to carry out the move as efficiently for the customer as we can, or as directed by the customer on the day of the move, will be added to the cost of the move and directly charged to the customer, as we have no control over parking restrictions imposed by the council or local governing body of the area.
- EXCLUDED ITEMS: This guarantee shall not apply to:
- Identified Risks: where the existing condition / circumstances of an item OR a particular direction or instruction contravenes our normal workmanship standards, SO THAT damage to that particular item MAY be unavoidable, then that item will be listed on the front of this document and this guarantee shall not apply to that item.
- Unknown Risks: where the damage arises from conditions or things which are not known to us, for example, where damage arises due to the collapse of faulty steps.
- Unavoidable Risks: where moving an item such as a pot plant or fish tank can cause unavoidable damage due to the nature of that item.
- Electrical Goods: to internal damage to electrical goods where we have caused no external damage, as some items may develop unavoidable faults no matter how carefully handled.
- You’re Own Packing: where the packed goods have not been packed by us.
- Wet Weather Damage: Due to Queensland’s climate and the unpredictable nature of rain and storm patterns and durations, ANY WATER DAMAGE that occurs to ANY item during the course of the move as a result of wet weather conditions, this guarantee will not apply to these items.
- Payment withheld: This guarantee shall not apply where any or all of the payment due to us, as a result of us having to recover overdue or outstanding monies.
- Recovery and legal costs: You are liable for any additional cost(s) incurred by us, as a result of us having to recover overdue or outstanding monies.
- Goods held in lieu of payment: We reserve the right to seize, hold and where payment is not forthcoming dispose of goods in lieu of payment.
- Trade Practices Act: The promise to repair (or compensate) provided by us, is in addition to any rights that you may also have arising from the Trade Practices Act or similar legislation. Those additional rights remain to the extent that they cannot be excluded. To the extent that they can be excluded they are. Where they cannot be excluded then such rights and any remedies arising there from are modified to the extent permitted by law.
- Flat packed furniture: ie: Ikea, Crazy Clarks, Super Amart, Kmart or similar, where furniture needs to be assembled. These items cannot be covered by our No Damage Guarantee.
- Pot plants: Plants or any part of the plant including pots cannot be covered by our No Damage Guarantee. Pot plants with ant nesting in them cannot be transported in the trucks, as they need to be fumigated afterwards at great cost, and heavy fines are imposed if fire ants are transported in the trucks also.
- Fish Tanks: Due to the nature of fish tanks and their construction, they cannot be covered by our No Damage Guarantee.
- Hazardous or Flammable Items: These items may not be transported in our trucks due to licensing constraints. This includes aerosols, gas bottles, any combustible fuels, and machinery with fuel still in it, chemicals, and fertilizers.
- Full Payment: Full payment must be received at the completion of your move, even if there is a problem, damage, or any other issue arising from your move, full payment must still be paid, as Ready Movers is legally bound to our No Damage Guarantee as to the conditions above.